[Comedias] "Crisis in the Humanities" and the Comedia

AHCT Listserv comedias at comedias.org
Tue Feb 2 16:53:47 EST 2016

Thanks so much for your input. Your comments are not that far off from the
current situation at Trinity. I have jokingly referred to what I teach as
"literature appreciation," since the students are not prepared for real
literary study, nor are they willing to do the necessary work. I guess my
follow-up question would be, is this approach to Golden Age literature in
general and the *comedia *in particular fulfilling our college's roles
(academic and cultural) as liberal arts institutions? Or are we
short-changing the humanities by "sneaking" the content in at the margins
of the students' pre-professional programs?

Matt

mstroud at trinity.edu