[Comedias] Recent plays based on Golden Age classics?

comedias at comedias.org comedias at comedias.org
Sat Jan 4 06:26:51 EST 2014

Dear Celia,
What an interesting project.

I have adapted:

"Heaven Bent Hell Bound" (El condenado por desconfiado- Actors Touring Company of London 1987)
"The Magic Theatre" (El retablo de las maravillas - Winged Horse Touring Company of Edinburgh 1989)
"Don Duardos" (after Gil Vicente's play of the same title - runner up Gate Theatre translation competition)
"The Force of Destiny" (La fuerza del destino - also runner up in Gate Theatre competition!)

Unlike my CELESTINA, Calderon and Lorca translations these have not yet been published, but are available directly from me.

Good luck with your project

Jo Clifford

Jo has just been collaborating with Chris Goode as deviser/performer in his new work “Albemarle”.
She has been commissioned to create a new play with MA students of the Royal Conservatoire of Scotland.
Her "Light in The Village" will be produced in Karachi next year.
She has just completed the book of "The Gospel According To Jesus Queen Of Heaven".
She is such a proud Grandma!
More information and her blog on http://www.teatrodomundo.com
You can also follow her on Twitter @jocliffordplays