[Comedias] Fullbright Scholar in Residence Wanted

Vidler, L. DR DFL Laura.Vidler at usma.edu
Wed Nov 25 10:42:27 EST 2009

_Fulbright Scholar in Residence Wanted_

The University of Minnesota, Morris (UMM), located in west central Minnesota, is seeking a Fulbright Scholar for the Scholar in Residence Program (SIR) for the Fall 2010 semester (August 15, 2010 to December 20, 2010) or the Spring 2011 semester (January 4, 2011 to May 20, 2011).

The UMM campus is located in west central Minnesota and is an education leader in the Midwest as part of the University of Minnesota system. The Fulbright program has approved us for a scholar. Due to outside circumstances beyond our control, our original scholar is unable to fulfill her commitment to us. We are looking for a scholar, currently affiliated with a non-U.S. degree granting institution, who can teach Latin American literature and Spanish language courses. Preferred but not required is a scholar who can teach courses in Women's Studies, Honors, or Latin American culture or history. English proficiency is a plus. Also, as a Fulbright scholar, outreach opportunities to the local community as well as opportunities to experience the rich culture of Minnesota will be planned and expected. Fulbright pays for health insurance and travel, including airfare to Morris, Minnesota. Fulbright will consider paying airfare for one other person (spouse or dependent).

Fulbright also provides a salary stipend, which UMM augments to bring total compensation in line with that of our tenure-track faculty.

If you are interested in being our Fulbright Scholar in Residence and are available during the dates indicated above, or if you have questions, please contact Stacey Parker Aronson, Associate Professor of Spanish, at 1 + (320) 589-6290 or by email at aronsosp at morris.umn.edu<mailto:aronsosp at morris.umn.edu> <mailto:aronsosp at morris.umn.edu>. If you would like to be considered immediately, please attach a resume or vita (preferably in English) with your email.

Laura L. Vidler, Ph.D.
Associate Professor of Spanish
Department of Foreign Languages
West Point, NY  10996
(845) 938-3748

"Spanish. Bestow great attention on this, and endeavor to acquire an accurate knowledge of it. Our future connections with Spain and Spanish America, will render that language a valuable acquisition."

-Thomas Jefferson to nephew Peter Carr, 10 August 1787.