[Comedias] Conference Reminder - Deadline December 1

Robert M Johnston Robert.Johnston at nau.edu
Mon Nov 23 16:53:22 EST 2009

Dear AHCT Colleagues:

Please remember the December 1, deadline for the submission of abstracts for next year’s AHCT conference.  Conference dates are March 4-6, 2010.  Full details for submission of abstracts, conference registration, and hotel reservations can be found at the AHCT web site: www.comedias.org.   Next year’s conference will include plenary sessions featuring a keynote lecture by Laurence Boswell, director of Spanish Golden Age plays with the Royal Shakespeare Company and the Compañía Nacional de Teatro Clásico,  and a discussion and dialog session with Laurence Boswell and David Johhnston.   David Johnston gave our 2009 keynote lecture, and he has agreed to return to El Paso next year for this special session.   A third plenary will feature a workshop session with the translator, director, and actors from the University of Massachusetts company who will perform Lope’s 'Marta la piadosa' in English translation at the Chamizal Siglo de Oro Drama Festival.  As in past years, the AHCT conference will coincide with the Chamizal’s festival.   I believe we have the foundation for an excellent conference.  I look forward to seeing you there.

Very cordially,

Robert Johnston
AHCT President