[Comedias] 2RC Teatro on your campus?!?

Darci Strother strother at csusm.edu
Fri May 1 03:15:53 EDT 2009

Hello again dear colleagues!

For the past two years, the students and community of Calif. State Univ. San Marcos have benefitted tremendously from visits by the "2RC Teatro Compania de Repertorio" (a professional company from the Canary Islands) to our campus, for a combination of the performance of Spanish plays, along with a series of lecture/outreach activities.  In 2008 they performed "El alcalde de Zalamea" and in 2009 "El perro del hortelano".  Both years we had a Standing Room Only situation, and they drew both an academic and community audience.  Their performances at our neighboring university across the border, la Universidad Autonoma de Baja California, were equally successful at attracting sell-out crowds both years.

In 2010, 2RC Teatro would like to expand its activities to include more university campuses in the United States and Mexico.  If you think you might be interested in trying to host the group, I would be delighted to be in contact with you to share how we were able to pull it off here at CSUSM.  For 2010, they have proposed the following tentative activities as possibilities:

a) Presentación de "El Cerco de Leningrado"
b) Charlas y visitas didácticas a Colleges/Universities
c) Recepciones a instituciones
d) Seminario (tal como hicimos este año) sobre teatro contemporáneo en tres charlas; 1.- Teatro Español, últimos 25 años de escritura en españa 2.- Teatro Iberoamericano, últimos 25 años de construcción iberoamericana a través de la palabra del teatro 3.- Proyecto Canarias Escribe Teatro; historia de una dramaturgia insular. En Colaboración con la Escuela de Actores de Canarias y Universidad de Las Palmas de Gran Canaria.
e) Presentación de la película "Fronteras de Zalamea" de David Pantaleón
For more information on 2RC Teatro, please visit their websites:  http://www.2rcproducciones.com/   and http://2rcteatro.spaces.live.com/, and contact their Director, Rafael Rodriguez, at rafaelrodriguezteatro at gmail.com<mailto:rafaelrodriguezteatro at gmail.com>

I'd also be happy to provide you with testimonials from students, faculty, and community members, attesting to the professional quality of this company and to how enriching it was to have this group spend time on our university campus.  If you are in a position to consider hosting them, I would highly recommend it!

Best regards,
Darci

Darci L. Strother, Ph.D.

Professor of Spanish, Dept. of World Languages & Hispanic Literature

Director, Office of Community Service Learning

California State University San Marcos

San Marcos, CA  92096-0001

www.csusm.edu<http://www.csusm.edu><http://www.csusm.edu>

(760) 750-4160