[Comedias] Very Sad News

AHCT Listserv comedias at comedias.org
Wed Dec 30 15:26:07 CST 2020

Dear AHCT members,

The AHCT Officers and Board just received the following very sad news regarding David Gitlitz, one of the four founding members of the Association for Hispanic Classical Theater.  David had recently been hospitalized in Oaxaca due to COVID-19.  Early today, David’s daughter Abby sent the following update:

"It is with a very heavy heart that I have to tell you dad passed away in the early hours of this morning. The doctors assured us that he wasn't in pain and that it was relatively quick. I think that he knew, even before he entered the hospital, that he might not recover and I think he had made peace with that.  Tonight may we all raise a glass in his honor to a life truly lived to the fullest and then some."

Please join me and the entire AHCT Board in expressing our deepest sympathies to David’s family and to all who knew and loved him.

With profound sorrow,

Bruce Burningham,
President of the Association for Hispanic Classical Theater