[Comedias] Fwd: Final call: Comediantes banquet MLA Chicago 2019

AHCT Listserv comedias at comedias.org
Sat Dec 29 02:53:14 EST 2018

-------- Original Message --------
 Subject: Final call: Comediantes banquet MLA Chicago 2019
 From: Amy Williamsen <arwill25 at uncg.edu>
 Sent: Saturday, December 29, 2018, 3:36 AM
 To: Amy Williamsen <arwill25 at uncg.edu>
 CC:

Please distribute to all appropriate lists.  Mil gracias!

Dear All,

There is still time if you wish to join us for tapas to help ring in the New Year!

In order to attend, you need to reserve your seat(s) by paying in advance at http://www.wordpress.comedias.org/2019-comediantes-banquet/ or click here by Wednesday January 2nd at latest.

We will dine at Café Ibérico (9737 N LaSalle Dr.) on Saturday, Jan 5th at 7:00 P.M.  You do not need to be an official "member" of anything to attend, you just need to share an interest in gathering and celebrating our field.  If you are an established scholar, consider inviting someone at the beginning of their career to join us.

This is a long and honored tradition that actually predates our group’s MLA Executive Division, designed as a respite from the conference that allows us to celebrate our field and enjoy each others’ company.

If you are attending the MLA or are simply near Chicago, please join us for the banquet on Saturday evening beginning at 7:00 P.M.

$48 per person (tax, tip included and pay pal fee) will cover a tantalizing variety of cold and hot tapas (including paella) and 2 drinks per person. Drink options include:   sangría, house wine, localbeer, soft drinks or coffee. (Click here to see their menu) Based on recent attendance, we aren’t big enough for one of their private rooms but they will give us an inviting corner...

In order to attend, you need to reserve your seat(s) by paying in advance at http://www.wordpress.comedias.org/2019-comediantes-banquet/ or click here

¡Felices fiestas!

Amy