[Comedias] Fwd: Call for Paper Announcement

AHCT Listserv comedias at comedias.org
Wed May 24 09:11:47 EDT 2017

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: "Carmela Mattza" <v.carmela at gmail.com>
Date: May 24, 2017 11:30 AM
Subject: Call for Paper Announcement
To: "Susan Garcia" <garcia at denison.edu>, "comedias at comedias.org" <
comedias at comedias.org>
Cc: "Carmela Mattza" <cmattza at lsu.edu>

Hi, Prof. Susan Garcia

I am writing to see if you can help me to circulate this announcement below
through COMEDIA mailing list. Thank you. Carmela Mattza

--------------------------------------

CFP: 2018 RSA New Orleans

Rethinking Baroque Women: 40 years after The Invisible Mistress

Chair: Frederick de Armas

Since its publication in 1976, Frederick A. de Armas's The Invisible
Mistress has been the starting point for many current studies in Early
Modern Iberian Prose and Theater. This panel seeks to acknowledge in
particular his contribution in the development of women's studies in the
Spanish Golden Age by discussing the interplay of arts, emotions, gender
and mythology in the canonical or non-canonical analyses of Early Modern
Iberian plays. Thus we are looking for presenters that engage with the
theme/title of this panel by suggesting or showing new approaches or future
directions for our understanding of

1. Public Faces and Gender Roles

 2. Science of the unknown, magic and the art of Seduction

3. Language of emotions and feelings (love, empathy, anger, hate,
forgiveness, sympathy, revenge, shame, etc.)

4. Myth and use of ekphrasis

Please submit a 150-word abstract to Carmela Mattza, Louisiana State
University, cmattza at lsu.edu by May 26, 2017.

http://rsa.site-ym.com/blogpost/1595540/274853/Rethinking-Baroque-Women-40-
years-after-The-Invisible-Mistress

--
Carmela Mattza Assistant Professor of Spanish Department of Foreign
Languages and Literatures Louisiana State University cmattza at lsu.edu |