[Comedias] Thomas Case Day - Assistance Appreciated!

AHCT Listserv comedias at comedias.org
Mon Oct 10 15:31:40 EDT 2016

Dear Colleagues:

For those of you within commutable distance to San Diego, you are cordially invited to the event below, in honor of fellow Golden Age scholar Dr. Thomas Case (Professor Emeritus, San Diego State Univ 1961-1998).  The office of the Mayor of San Diego will  declare Nov. 5 "Thomas Case Day," and there will be a dramatic reading of scenes from Lope's San Diego de Alcala, a work Dr. Case edited.

Regardless of your geographic location, however, your assistance is appreciated!  If you know, worked with, or even had the pleasure of reading the scholarly contributions of Dr. Case, please send in messages/salutations that can be shared with him (and his family and former students).  Email greetings can be sent directly to me (not to the listserv) at: strother at csusm.edu  as can video messages (even a 30-second "hello" and brief message recorded on your iPhone would be extremely welcome!!!).  Should you wish to send a hand-written card, please email me for my mailing address, and I'll be happy to receive and pass along cards as well.

Thanks in advance for your help in making Nov. 5 a great day for someone who has contributed so much to our profession!

Warm wishes,

Darci

Darci L. Strother, Ph.D.

Chair, Dept. of Modern Language Studies
Professor of Spanish
California State University San Marcos
San Marcos, CA  92096-0001
(760) 750-4160
www.csusm.edu/lafs/rolemodels/fac2011.html<http://www.csusm.edu/lafs/rolemodels/fac2011.html>

Vice President for Membership & Registration
Association for Hispanic Classical Theatre
http://www.wordpress.comedias.org/

<http://www.wordpress.comedias.org/>
<http://www.wordpress.comedias.org/>Theatre Review Editor, Comedia Performance
http://www.wordpress.comedias.org/comedia-performance/

<http://www.wordpress.comedias.org/comedia-performance/>

INVITATION TO THOMAS CASE DAY!!!

San Diego /Alcalá Sister Cities Society is sponsoring a tribute to Dr Thomas Case, Professor Emeritus of Spanish at San Diego State University.  Dr. Case has been a strong advocate of promoting all things Spanish in the US, and especially here in San Diego.

Apart from his extensive and  original research, publications, and presentations on Spanish literature of the Golden Age, Dr. Case has researched and published works on the saint after whom our city, bay, county and mission are named, San Diego de Alcalá.
He established and sustained a strong relationship with San Diego´s sister City, Alcalá de Henares at the University of Alcalá and at their local government level.

We want to recognize and thank him for his untiring dedication as a Hispanist and his contributions to the field of Spanish literature and history and the strong relationship he has helped establish between San Diego and Spain.

Please join us

Dr. Thomas Case Day
November 5, 2016
4-6:00 pm