[Comedias] Fwd: November: Watch Globe plays online, Shakespeare and Friendship, catch up with our Hamlet world tour

AHCT Listserv comedias at comedias.org
Thu Nov 13 10:41:30 EST 2014

    *Latest news from Shakespeare's Globe*
  View in browser
<http://shakespearesglobenews.com/1U22-2YUWN-9ACGT6CN6A/cr.aspx?v=0> | Forward
to a Friend
<http://shakespearesglobenews.com/1U22-2YUWN-9ACGT6CN6A-1/fw.aspx>
      [image: Globe logo]
<http://shakespearesglobenews.com/1U22-2YUWN-CGT6CN-1CSQH5-1/c.aspx>

*Globe Player launches*

Shakespeare and Friendship
The Knight of the Burning Pestle this Christmas
               [image: Globe Player]
<http://shakespearesglobenews.com/1U22-2YUWN-CGT6CN-1CSV1L-1/c.aspx>

*This month Shakespeare’s Globe launched Globe Player*

globeplayer.tv
<http://shakespearesglobenews.com/1U22-2YUWN-CGT6CN-1CSV1L-1/c.aspx>
features *over 50 full-length Shakespeare productions* filmed at the Globe
in HD, including many *foreign language productions* from the 2012 Globe to
Globe festival. The Globe is the first theatre in the world to offer its
own video on demand platform.

Globe productions on offer include *Twelfth Night* featuring Mark Rylance
and Stephen Fry, *Henry V* with Jamie Parker and *The Taming of the Shrew*
with Samantha Spiro. A resource from Muse of Fire the Film features *free
interviews about Shakespeare with actors* including Ewan McGregor, Sir Ian
McKellen and Dame Judi Dench.

Prices start from £2.99 to rent and £4.99 to buy.

​

​'GlobePlayer.tv puts (arguably) the best pieces of theatre ever written in
front of the widest audience the Bard has ever had.'

*The Independent *

*Watch now
<http://shakespearesglobenews.com/1U22-2YUWN-CGT6CN-1CSV1L-1/c.aspx>*
    [image: Playing in the Sam Wanamaker Playhouse]

*The Knight of the Burning Pestle - the perfect festive treat*
    [image: Pauline McLynn in The Knight of the Burning Pestle]
<http://shakespearesglobenews.com/1U22-2YUWN-CGT6CN-1CSV1M-1/c.aspx>

*11 December 2014 - 11 January 2015*

​

The critically acclaimed madcap meta-romp* The Knight of the Burning Pestle
<http://shakespearesglobenews.com/1U22-2YUWN-CGT6CN-1CSV1M-1/c.aspx>* makes
a special return to the Playhouse. Join us for an evening of candlelit
comedy full of heckling, wicked humour and non-stop silliness.

Phil Daniels and Pauline McLynn return to fuel the chaos as the hilariously
disruptive Citizen and his wife.
    *Book tickets
<http://shakespearesglobenews.com/1U22-2YUWN-CGT6CN-1CSV1M-1/c.aspx>*

*Concerts by Candlelight this November *
    [image: Concerts by Candlelight]
<http://shakespearesglobenews.com/1U22-2YUWN-CGT6CN-1CSQI5-1/c.aspx>

The Playhouse will be filled with music from around the world and across
genres.

As part of the EFG London Jazz Festival we present French-Anglo influences
from Andy Sheppard
<http://shakespearesglobenews.com/1U22-2YUWN-CGT6CN-1CSV1N-1/c.aspx> and a
collision of flamenco and jazz from Chano Dominguez and Niño Josele
<http://shakespearesglobenews.com/1U22-2YUWN-CGT6CN-1CSV1O-1/c.aspx>.

Songs from our Ancestors
<http://shakespearesglobenews.com/1U22-2YUWN-CGT6CN-1CSZNP-1/c.aspx> will
bring together music, poems and letters that reflect the English and
Chinese heritage of the performers, Ian Bostridge and Xuefei Yang.
    *Book tickets
<http://shakespearesglobenews.com/1U22-2YUWN-CGT6CN-1CSQI5-1/c.aspx>*
      [image: Globe Education events]      [image: Shakespeare and
Friendship]
<http://shakespearesglobenews.com/1U22-2YUWN-CGT6CN-1CSV1P-1/c.aspx>

*Shakespeare and Friendship *

​Globe Education’s *Shakespeare and Friendship* season explores the
renaissance fascination with friendship and its varied interpretations in
Shakespeare’s writing.

On 20 November Dr Will Tosh and Dr Simon Smith discuss friendship in Early
Modern England in our Youths That Thunder lecture
<http://shakespearesglobenews.com/1U22-2YUWN-CGT6CN-1CSV1Q-1/c.aspx>.​

*Book now
<http://shakespearesglobenews.com/1U22-2YUWN-CGT6CN-1CSV1P-1/c.aspx>*
     [image: Catch up with Hamlet's journey]    [image: World Hamlet]
<http://shakespearesglobenews.com/1U22-2YUWN-CGT6CN-1CSQHT-1/c.aspx>

This month *Globe to Globe Hamlet
<http://shakespearesglobenews.com/1U22-2YUWN-CGT6CN-1CSQHT-1/c.aspx>* will
perform to audiences in South America, having visited Colombia, Ecuador,
Bolivia, Peru and Chile in just over a week. Next year we look forward to
performing in West Africa.

​

We continue to be able to tour Hamlet with your generosity. Please show
your support for this project by donating via our Giving Wall
<http://shakespearesglobenews.com/1U22-2YUWN-CGT6CN-1CSV1S-1/c.aspx>.

​

See what your donation has helped us achieve by visiting the blog
<http://shakespearesglobenews.com/1U22-2YUWN-CGT6CN-1CSV1R-1/c.aspx>.

*Donate now
<http://shakespearesglobenews.com/1U22-2YUWN-CGT6CN-1CSV1S-1/c.aspx> *
      [image: Festive Offers]

*Party with the Swan on New Year's Eve *
    [image: Swan New Year's Eve]
<http://shakespearesglobenews.com/1U22-2YUWN-CGT6CN-1CSVD0-1/c.aspx>

*31 December 2014, from 7.30pm*

Glittering showgirls from Cafe de Paris will greet you as you step into an
unforgettable night of live music, alternative entertainment and an all
night feast at the Swan
<http://shakespearesglobenews.com/1U22-2YUWN-CGT6CN-1CSVD1-1/c.aspx> this
New Year's Eve.

With panoramic river views, three floors of celebrations overflow
with  live sets from gypsy swing legends Trio Manouche, electro funk from
theatrical DJ duo The Roustabouts.

Early bird tickets £65.00.
    *Book tickets
<http://shakespearesglobenews.com/1U22-2YUWN-CGT6CN-1CSVD0-1/c.aspx>*
    *Special rates from Grange Hotels located at St Paul's*
    [image: Grange Hotel]
<http://shakespearesglobenews.com/1U22-2YUWN-CGT6CN-1CSVD2-1/c.aspx>

Our hotel partner, Grange Hotels, has two exclusive offers available for
Globe audiences this winter.

*Receive special rates on luxurious rooms and 15% on all spa treatments* at
the award-winning Ajala Spa at Grange St Paul's Hotel. The beautiful
glass-fronted hotel is

conveniently located across the river from the Globe.

Quote ‘*GLOBE14*’ when booking online
<http://shakespearesglobenews.com/1U22-2YUWN-CGT6CN-1CSZNQ-1/c.aspx>, by
email: stpauls at grangehotels.com or calling: 020 7074 1000.
    *More info
<http://shakespearesglobenews.com/1U22-2YUWN-CGT6CN-1CSVD2-1/c.aspx> *
             * ★★★★★ Rate this email >
<http://shakespearesglobenews.com/1U22-2YUWN-CGT6CN-1CSQI8-1/c.aspx>*
                New on the blog
<http://shakespearesglobenews.com/1U22-2YUWN-CGT6CN-1CSQIA-1/c.aspx>
New in Shop
<http://shakespearesglobenews.com/1U22-2YUWN-CGT6CN-1CSQIB-1/c.aspx>
     Kids & Families
<http://shakespearesglobenews.com/1U22-2YUWN-CGT6CN-1CT1DS-1/c.aspx>
Job Vacancies
<http://shakespearesglobenews.com/1U22-2YUWN-CGT6CN-1CSQIF-1/c.aspx>
        Become a Friend
<http://shakespearesglobenews.com/1U22-2YUWN-CGT6CN-1CSQIG-1/c.aspx>
Eating and Drinking
<http://shakespearesglobenews.com/1U22-2YUWN-CGT6CN-1CSQIH-1/c.aspx>
     Exhibition & Tour
<http://shakespearesglobenews.com/1U22-2YUWN-CGT6CN-1CSQIK-1/c.aspx>
Education Events
<http://shakespearesglobenews.com/1U22-2YUWN-CGT6CN-1CSQIN-1/c.aspx>

*Shakespeare’s Globe21 New Globe Walk Bankside London SE1 9DTContact Us
<http://shakespearesglobenews.com/1U22-2YUWN-CGT6CN-1CSQIO-1/c.aspx>*
     *Nearest Underground stations: *London Bridge, Mansion House,
Southwark, St Paul's.

*Nearest National Rail stations: *London Bridge, Cannon Street,
Blackfriars, Waterloo.

<http://shakespearesglobenews.com/1U22-2YUWN-CGT6CN-1CSQIP-1/c.aspx>
<http://shakespearesglobenews.com/1U22-2YUWN-CGT6CN-1CSQIQ-1/c.aspx>
<http://shakespearesglobenews.com/1U22-2YUWN-CGT6CN-1CSQIR-1/c.aspx>
<http://shakespearesglobenews.com/1U22-2YUWN-CGT6CN-1CSQIS-1/c.aspx>
<http://shakespearesglobenews.com/1U22-2YUWN-CGT6CN-1CSQIT-1/c.aspx>
<http://shakespearesglobenews.com/1U22-2YUWN-CGT6CN-1CSQFT-1/c.aspx>
<http://shakespearesglobenews.com/1U22-2YUWN-CGT6CN-1CSQFU-1/c.aspx>
<http://shakespearesglobenews.com/1U22-2YUWN-CGT6CN-1CSQI7-1/c.aspx>
          *Telephone:* +44 (0)20 7902 1400
info at shakespearesglobe.com
              *Telephone: *+44 (0)20 7401 9919
*Book Online*
<http://shakespearesglobenews.com/1U22-2YUWN-CGT6CN-1CSQFV-1/c.aspx>
      *Registered No.*
1152238
     If you no longer wish to receive news and special offers from
Shakespeare’s Globe, you can unsubscribe
<http://shakespearesglobenews.com/1U22-2YUWN-9ACGT6CN6A/uns.aspx> or update
your details and preferences.
<http://shakespearesglobenews.com/1U22-2YUWN-9ACGT6CN6A/uns.aspx>