[Comedias] Recent plays based on Golden Age classics?

comedias at comedias.org comedias at comedias.org
Sat Jan 4 17:09:59 EST 2014

His may not be what you're looking for, but after translating a few golem age plays into rhyming verse, I decided to write a new play, not based on a previous Spanish play but rather using the verse forms and rhetorical choices typical of the traditional Spanish comedia.  The result was the award-winning The Prince of L.A, on the sexual scandals in the Church and written entirely in redondillas, quintillas, decimas, terza rima and my quatrain equivalent of romance.

Sent from my iPhone