[Comedias] FW: Announcement: Visiting Asst. Prof. @ Southern Utah Univ. (UNCLASSIFIED)

comedias at comedias.org comedias at comedias.org
Mon Jul 23 15:46:09 EDT 2012

Classification: UNCLASSIFIED
Caveats: FOUO

-----Original Message-----
From: list-bounces at gemela.org [mailto:list-bounces at gemela.org] On Behalf Of
Bonnie Gasior
Sent: Thursday, July 12, 2012 7:03 PM
To: list at gemela.org
Subject: [GEMELA] Announcement: Visiting Asst. Prof. @ Southern Utah Univ.

FYI.

Southern Utah University invites applications for the position of Visiting
Assistant Professor of Spanish, a one-year position with the possibility of
renewal, beginning in August 2012. Salary plus full benefits. We are seeking
candidates with demonstrated teaching excellence and a Ph.D. (preferred) or
ABD (considered); a specialization in Peninsular literature or culture
preferred. Responsibilities include teaching and holding office hours. The
teaching load is 3 and 4; in fall, Peninsular Cultural History, Modern
Peninsular Literature, and Spanish I; in spring, a combination of upper
division language and lower division courses, with 2 preparations. Native or
near-native fluency in English and Spanish required. Southern Utah
University, with about 8,000 students attending, has been designated the
public liberal arts and sciences college for the state of Utah. The campus
and city are surrounded by stunning natural beauty. Interested candidates
are invited to send a CV, cover letter, teaching philosophy and the names of
3 references to Rosa Perez at perez at suu.edu <mailto:perez at suu.edu> .
Position open until filled.

Dr. Bonnie L. Gasior

Professor of Spanish