[Comedias] FW: call for translator at ATHE

Vidler, Laura L CIV USA USMA Laura.Vidler at usma.edu
Sun Jun 19 09:37:26 EDT 2011

________________________________
From: Ben Gunter [donjuandramaturg at yahoo.com]
Sent: Saturday, June 18, 2011 7:51 PM
To: lvidler at comedias.org; Vidler, Laura L CIV USA USMA
Subject: call for translator at ATHE

~~~~~~~~~~
quoting message from co-chair of Assocation for Theatre in Higher Education (ATHE) conference, dated 17 June 2011
re:  ATHE conference in Chicago, 11-14 August 2011

Miguel Rubio, Artistic Director of Yuyachkani will be speaking on the Conference wide plenary "Interdisciplinarity in Global Contexts" on Friday, August 12 as well as offering a Paid Workshop on Thursday, August 11. Further information can be found under the conference webpage at http://www.athe.org/displaycommon.cfm?an=6

While we had procured a translator in January she has just informed me that she will not be attending ATHE and will therefore not be able to translate for Miguel. I thought that there may be some members of your group who would be interested and able to translate for these two events. We could certainly offer to waive the workshop fee. While the previous translator was not going to be paid, time is short and we need to figure this out asap. So let us know if you have any interested parties and we can talk further about compensation.

Thanks and apologies for the lateness of this request.

All my best,
Gwendolyn
Gwendolyn Alker, PhD
Department of Drama, New York University
Conference Co-Chair, ATHE 2011
gwendolyn.alker at nyu.edu<thismessage:/mc/compose?to=gwendolyn.alker at nyu.edu>
http://drama.tisch.nyu.edu/object/AlkerG.html