[Comedias] last call: comediantes banquet reservations, Sat Jan 7 , 6 pm (UNCLASSIFIED)

comedias at comedias.org comedias at comedias.org
Mon Dec 12 15:22:00 EST 2011

Classification: UNCLASSIFIED
Caveats: FOUO

Hi all:
just a friendly reminder that I have to give the restaurant a head count on
Dec 14.  The mail service at my college is a little slow, so you should send
your check ASAP if you want to be sure it arrives on time (for Paypal,
please  submit your payment by 6 pm EST on the 14th)  I have been trying to
send email confiramtions to everyone as I get checks or paypal
notifications.

The Executive Committee of the MLA divison on 16th and 17th century drama

is pleased to invite you to the "comdiantes banquet" to be held at *Spinasse
Restuarant on Sat Jan 7, with cash bar at 5 and dinner  at 6pm*.  The

restaurant is located in the charming Capital HIll neighborhood, about 1
mile from the  hotels and convention center.  Chef Jason Straton is a
nationally recognized rising chef who features local Pacific Northwest
ingredients in his  cuisine.  The quoted price includes meal, taxes and
gratuities.  Beverages not included

Spinasse
1531 14th Avenue  Seattle, WA 98122-4023
(206) 251-7673 <tel:%28206%29%20251-7673>
5-5:45:  cash bar will be held at the adjacent apertivio bar Atusi, which
features Italian wines and innovative cocktails

6-8:30:  Dinner

There are two ways to register for banquet

1) Send $64.00 via Paypal
to simerkabarbara at gmail.com (extra $4 includes

Paypal transaction fees) *by Dec 14*.

Subject heading: comediantes banquet
In the message, please include the following info:

Name
email
cell phone number
CHOICE of ENTREE and DESSERT (see below)

2) Send a check for $60 to
Barbara Simerka
Dept of HLL
243 Kiely Hall
Queens College
Flushing NY 11367

*Checks must be received by Dec 14*

Include the following info:
Name,
email,
cell phone number
CHOICE of ENTREE and DESSERT (see below)

*MENU*

*Entree  (choice of one)*:
Roasted young chicken with Negroni flavors: braised blood orange and
caramelized onions

Capunet: Traditional Piemontese cabbage stuffed with veal breast, pork
shoulder and potato

Tajarin:  fine, hand-cut egg pasta with local black truffles (VEGETARIAN)

Sauteed Spot prawns with caramelized turnip puree and olio nuovo

Dessert-- Choice of:

Sweet goat cheese mousse with puff pastry and wild huckleberries

Gianduja semifreddo (hazelnut and milk chocolate frozen mousse) with dark
chocolate feuilletine wafers

Panna cotta with artisan honey

All meals include  Family style antipasti:

Prosciutto di Parma with marinated Braeburn apple Chicories with marinated
beets, parmigiano reggiano and balsamico Roasted cauliflower flan with
fonduta Shaved sunchokes with meyer lemon, anchovy and capers

--
Barbara Simerka, Ph.D.
Associate Professor of Spanish