[Comedias] AHCT Annual Conference Highlights

Robert M Johnston Robert.Johnston at nau.edu
Fri Dec 31 15:23:33 EST 2010

Dear AHCT Colleagues,

On behalf of the officers and board of AHCT, please accept cordial best wishes for the New Year.

I’d like also to note a couple of highlights for our annual conference in El Paso, March 3 – 5, 2011.  Luciano García Lorenzo, from the Consejo Superior de Investigaciones Científicas in Madrid, will deliver a keynote lecture on Friday, March 4, titled: “’El médico de su honra’ y los inicios de la Compañía Nacional de Teatro Clásico.”  A second plenary session, on Saturday morning, March 5, will feature the Andak Theater Company from Los Angeles with Dakin Matthews.  It will focus on their performance of Dakin’s translation of Lope de Vega’s  “The Capulets and the Montagues,” at the Chamizal that evening.  Members who are able to extend their stay in El Paso to include Saturday night’s performance should find it very worthwhile.   AHCT will provide transportation by van between the hotel and the Chamizal that evening, and the hospitality room will also be open.

Conference director Angel Sánchez has asked for volunteers to drive vans any of the evenings during the conference.  Please contact him at: angel.sanchez at asu.edu<mailto:angel.sanchez at asu.edu>.

Full details for the conference, including registration and hotel reservations, can be found at the AHCT web site: www.comedias.org.

I look forward to seeing you in El Paso.

Very cordially,

Bob Johnston

AHCT President