[Comedias] Fwd: Translation Question

Dawn Smith smith3ster at gmail.com
Wed Oct 1 12:14:49 EDT 2008

This is a belated suggestion for a translation of the phrase "chapa de
seguro" -- I've been having problems posting my message until now.

 Dear Mario,

I think this could be translated simply as the "Royal seal".  It was
probably a thin metal -- possibly silver -- disk  bearing the King's seal in
its original form and the writer says that he has presented a copy
('traslado') in support of his appeal.  The 'Diccionario de Autoridades' is
a good source for my hypothesis (see 'chapa' and 'seguro').

I hope this helps.

Dawn Smith

--
Dawn Smith